We are regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS – www.rics.org).
We offer a redress scheme through The Property Ombudsman Service (TPOS – www.tpos.co.uk).
We protect Tenants’ Deposits using the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS – www.tenancydepositscheme.com).
We have Client Money Protection through the RICS.
We have no hidden extras.
Our advice is designed to present property to the market in the best possible condition and maintain it as an investment.
The letting service includes:
- A preliminary assessment of the property and free advice aimed at optimising its letting potential;
- A rental recommendation, marketing advice and information on preliminary legal requirements;
- Obtaining the necessary Energy Performance Certificate and landlord’s Gas Safety Certificate. We have arrangements with local contractors who can supply these items for landlords at competitive rates;
- Preparation of letting particulars – arranging advertising and issuing information;
- Conducting accompanied viewings of property;
- Taking tenancy applications and taking up references, including in-house tenant verification checks using authorised web-based enquiry systems;
- Reporting to landlords in writing with recommendations;
- Drawing up a tenancy agreement and completing its formalities;
These are protected by law. We take care of tenants’ deposits for landlords and to deal with the necessary paperwork.
Full management service
Within the full management option, we will find tenants for property, without making a charge for letting the property. We will administer the tenant’s deposit, collect the rent, carry out periodic property inspections, deal with administration matters of a recurring nature, arrange for minor repairs to be carried out and deal with day-to-day enquiries and issues. We do not deal with insurance. We charge a commission on rents received for the management part of this function. Further details are available on enquiry.
All property advertised To Let must be provided with an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). These can only be prepared by qualified Energy Assessors. We can obtain EPCs for clients if required at reasonable costs and no VAT.
Landlords are responsible for ensuring that their properties comply with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, 1994 (updated October, 1998) and the Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations, 1994 and European Commission Directives 73/23/EEC (the Low Voltage Directive). and 93/68/EEG. All relevant equipment must be checked regularly and records of the checks must be maintained. Copies of the records must be made available to the tenant. We can arrange for the necessary tests to be carried out on clients’ behalf.
If a property is let furnished, the Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended) apply. Any relevant furniture in a let property has to comply with the legislation, which applies primarily to soft furnishings but the definition is wide in its scope. There are exceptions.
All let property must be fitted with an operational smoke detector/alarm. Properties built since 1991 should have mains powered smoke detectors installed. In general terms, the landlord is responsible for the maintenance of the property and should also deal with the insurance of the fabric (and the contents if let furnished).
Fees and Charges
Our charges can be tailored to the requirements of the client. Our charge for a standard Let Only (Find a Tenant) service is £330.00 including VAT. Our charge for our Managed Property Service is 12.5% of rents received.
INFORMATION FOR TENANTS
Applicants – Fees and Charges
Our charges are as follows. These have been reviewed and are effective from the 1st June 2019.
- Tenancy amendment fee – £48.00 per amendment (where requested by the tenant).
- Key replacement – £24.00 per key
- Our charges subject to VAT and are quoted on a VAT inclusive basis.
- We do not charge for holding deposits or holding rents.
Applications will not be processed prior to the property being viewed and the receipt of proof of identity documents (A passport or driving licence together with proof of current address in the form of a utility bill or bank statement under 3 months old).
Must I pay a deposit?
Yes, it is normally equivalent to one month’s rent. It is held in a separate Deposit Account with ourselves. It is returnable at the end of the tenancy provided that the rent is paid in full and the property is handed back in good order. The Record of Condition that may be prepared at the beginning of the tenancy sets the standard by which the property is judged at the end of the tenancy and therefore the record is of equal value to both landlord and tenant.
The deposit is registered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)